Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's amazing how simple and big a kids faith in God is. My son Micah (7yrs old) is losing another tooth he really wants it to come out bad, because the tooth angel (Grandma Dina) will give him $5 dollars. Today as he was doing his homework he showed me his loose tooth and the progress it's made in becoming more loose. I jokingly teased him "let me pull it out for you." "No way mom!" 'Let's pray & ask God to make it come out. He can make it come out & it won't hurt me." So, we prayed asked God to make his tooth come out, that way the tooth angel can give him $5 dollars.
His faith in God is so sure. He has no doubt that God will hear his prayer concerning the matter of his loose tooth. "Mom, I prayed and God heard me." What pure faith. Kids don't need a lot of evidence to believe. They're so confident in Him already.
They don't need a sermon, songs, spectacular program to pump them up into believing. Not that's their is anything wrong with that stuff. I just thinks it's wrong when we need that stuff to believe in the vision of our church.
They bypass all that and get straight to the point. Their purity & confidence in God allows them to receive their answer. They just believe. It's no wonder the bible says, "Truly I say to you, Unless You turn around and become as young children, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heaven." (Matthew 13:8)

1 comment:

  1. I need a child-like faith! What a sweet story. My sister, April, recommended your blog to me.

    ReplyDelete